Teak Wood Furniture Durability And Other Reasons Why Teak Is The Best Material For Your Patio
With such a variety of choices in life, sometimes it can be so difficult to make a choice unless one is helped and guided. Just like with various other things in life, choosing the right patio furniture may not be so easy for everyone considering the myriad types of furniture that come in all shapes, sizes, frames and colors.
Materials For Creating Patio Furniture
- Wrought Iron
Qualities And Attributes
- Teak wood is sturdy.
- Teak wood is durable and does not require any special finish, treatment or coating to maintain it's durability.
- It has a lesser tendency to shrink with the passage of time unlike other wood types.
- It is timelessly beautiful and attractive.
- It's natural oil gives it hard wearing qualities and so it can withstand harsh outside weather conditions with very little wear and tear.
- It is incredibly resistant to the damaging effects of sun exposure, rain or snow and so, it can withstand the hot glare of the sun and even saltwater making it great for use in extreme temperatures and rough climates.
- It has great resistance to decay, rotting, and cracking including damage caused by insects such as termites and so furniture created from it can be left outdoors.
- It rarely loses it's form or warp despite many years of use and so requires very little upkeep.
Construction And Make
- It can be constructed by hand.
- It can be manufactured with mechanical tools.
- You can find it fully assembled.
- You can find it in furniture kits that require assembly.